The CCOC has a contract with Compliance Improvement Services (CIS) to aid and assist counties with meeting their compliance efforts. Our goal is to provide teaching, technical experience, and training for use in your offices.
Don Murphy is the Principal and Senior Consultant for CIS which provides consulting and training for courts and local government. He is a nationally certified court professional as a Fellow with the National Center for State Courts and has over 25 years of court administration experience. CIS is here to help at the Compliance Corner, with the latest articles across the country on compliance and collections as well as studies, best practices, and more to support your compliance efforts.
The Clerks are committed to keeping the public working and moving forward by providing opportunities to comply with their court-ordered obligations.
BLOG: CIS Talking Points
Collections Best Practices + Information
- Study of the Effectiveness of Collections in the Florida Courts (NCSC)
- Current Practices in Collecting Fines in State Courts (NCSC)
- The Future of Restoring Voting Rights for Ex-Felons: The Surprising Facts (NCSC)
- Work of Task Forces - Fines & Fees Trends (NCSC)
- Driven By Dollars by Mario Salas and Angela Ciolfi
- Why Crime Doesn't Pay: Examining Felony Collections by Don Murphy
- Can't pay court fees? In Florida, You Could Lose Your Driver's License by Nadege Green/WLRN (The Crime Report)
- New law prohibits Montana courts from suspending driver's license for non-payment of fines by Mike Dennison (MTN News)
- Poor South Dakota residents hit hardest by state debt collection efforts by Nick Lowrey (South Dakota News Watch)
- Most driver's license suspensions in Texas are because drivers can't afford to pay their fines by Andrew Weber (KUT, Austin, TX)
- Driver’s licenses restored to nearly 35,000 Virginians since new law went into effect July 1 by Daniel Berti (Fauquier Times, VA)
- La. tries to overhaul its ‘user pay’ court system by Matt Sledge and Bryn Stole (Houma Today, LA)
- Man With 12 License Suspensions Involved In Westchester Crash, Police Say by Zak Failla (Armonk Daily Voice, NY)
- Ohio extends amnesty program for drivers with suspended licenses by Peter Krouse (cleveland.com, OH)
- Showing a path for getting driver's license restored by Cindy Swirko (Gainesville Sun, FL)
- South Florida felons owe a billion dollars in fines - and that will affect their ability to vote by Dan Sweeney (South Florida Sun Sentinel, FL)
Compliance 20: Mission to Drive (Joint FCCC & CCOC Summit) - October 21 - 22, 2019
Compliance Summit (Joint FCCC & CCOC Summit) - Nov 7-8, 2017