Compliance Improvement Services
The CCOC has a contract with Compliance Improvement Services (CIS) to aid and assist counties with meeting their compliance efforts. Our goal is to provide teaching, technical experience, and training for use in your offices.
Don Murphy is the Principal and Senior Consultant for CIS which provides consulting and training for courts and local government. He is a nationally certified court professional as a Fellow with the National Center for State Courts and has over 25 years of court administration experience. CIS is here to help at the Compliance Corner, with the latest articles across the country on compliance and collections as well as studies, best practices, and more to support your compliance efforts.
The Clerks are committed to keeping the public working and moving forward by providing opportunities to comply with their court-ordered obligations.
• WEBINAR: Online Payment Plan Service - August 19, 2020
• Compliance 20: Mission to Drive (Joint FCCC & CCOC Summit) - October 21 - 22, 2019
• Compliance Summit (Joint FCCC & CCOC Summit) - November 7 - 8, 2017
Collections Best Practices + Information
- Florida Supreme Court issues setback for Amendment 4 supporters by Lawrence Mower (Tampa Bay Times)
- Lawmakers addressing drive license suspension reforms by Jeffrey Schweers (Tallahassee Democrat)
- The trouble with court fines and fees by Katerine Levin (Santa Fe Reporter)
- What if NYC fines were based on what you can pay? by Ben Brachfeld (The Gothamist)
- Ticketed lawmaker says community service should be option in lieu of fine by Howard Fischer (Capitol Media Services - Tuscon)
- Study of the Effectiveness of Collections in the Florida Courts (NCSC)
- Current Practices in Collecting Fines in State Courts (NCSC)
- The Future of Restoring Voting Rights for Ex-Felons: The Surprising Facts (NCSC)
- Work of Task Forces - Fines & Fees Trends (NCSC)
- Driven By Dollars by Mario Salas and Angela Ciolfi
- Why Crime Doesn't Pay: Examining Felony Collections by Don Murphy