The Florida Clerk of Court Operations Corporation (CCOC or Corporation) was established in 2003 as a public corporation to perform the functions specified in sections 28.35, 28.36, and 28.37, Florida Statutes. All 67 clerks of the circuit court are members of the CCOC and hold their position and authority in an ex officio capacity. The functions assigned to the CCOC are performed by an Executive Council pursuant to the Plan of Operations approved by the members.
The duties of the Corporation include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recommending to the Legislature the amount of court-related service charges, fines, fees and costs to ensure reasonable and adequate funding of the Clerk of Court;
- Development of workload measures and performance standards;
- Reviewing, certifying, and approving budgets for all 67 Clerks of the Circuit Court (the Clerks).
Eight members of the 11-member Executive Council are elected from counties of various sizes. The remaining three members are appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the President of the Florida Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
PLAN OF OPERATIONS
The statutory duties of the Corporation include adopting a Plan of Operations. This Plan is available for revisions at the Annual Corporation meeting or special meeting called by a petition for a special meeting. The Plan may not contradict the statutory purpose, construction, operation, or scope of duties/authority of the Corporation. It has five Articles, including:
- Article I – General Provisions
- Article II – Council
- Article III – Council Officers
- Article IV – Administration
- Article V – Operations
The results of the annual Corporation audit:
- CFY 2021-22 Clerks of Court Operations Corporation Financial Statements 2022
- CFY 2021-22 Clerks of Court Operations Corporation SAS 114 Letter
- CFY 2020-21 Clerks of Court Operations Corporation Financial Statements 2021
- CFY 2020-21 Clerks of Court Operations Corporation SAS 114 Letter
- CFY 2019-20 Clerks of Court Operations Corporation Financial Statements 2020
- CFY 2019-20 Clerks of Court Operations Corporation SAS 114 Letter