Clerks and clerk staff,
The following email provides a detailed update from the Budget Committee.
** Please read the following information carefully. **
- Base Budget – The Budget Committee approved a base budget at the meeting held on Monday, May 17, 2021.
- Column G, titled “FRS Increase” has an ESTIMATED amount. Please use the Budget Issue Form, tab A, to update with your county’s exact amounts or to provide more detail.
- Column H, titled “Health Insurance Increase” has an amount based on the State’s rate of 6.6% increase. Please use the Budget Issue Form, tab B, to update with your county’s exact amounts or to provide more detail.
- Column I titled “New Judges” is amounts related to that statutory increase in judges for 2020 and 2021. Please use the Budget Issue Form, tab C, to provide additional detail to the amounts listed.
- Column J titled “Minimum Wage – $10” will be for informational purposes and used to track the increases counties may have to bring their employees up to $10 per hour and well as any compression impacts. Please use the Budget Issue Form, tab D, to provide additional detail if this issue applies to your county.
- Budget Issue Form – The Budget Committee is requesting that each clerk complete budget issues for the requested issues previously outlined and any additional that may be needed so that the TOTAL of your Budget Issues and the Base Budget equal your NEEDS BASED BUDGET.
- Needs Based Budget is the total budget necessary to complete your statutorily required duties and obligations. This does not include unallowable expenditures as outline in Budget Training.
- If you have more than 5 issues, the template verbiage can be removed, and the tabs utilized for your unique issue.
- Budget Training – the video recording from the CCOC Budget Training held on Thursday, May 13, 2021, will soon be posted to our website under CFY 2021-2022 Original Budget Training: https://flccoc.org/clerks-budget/.
- Guidance from DFS – as the result of audit findings, DFS has compiled a list of allowable and unallowable expenditures and statutory references. This is not an exhaustive list but simply a guide. Should you have specific questions, please reach out to us and we can assist you in obtaining an answer. It has been posted to the CCOC website under Budget Development Tools: https://flccoc.org/clerks-budget/.
- FRS Calculation Tool – The FRS calculation tool, developed by Orange County, to assist you in developing your FRS issue has also been posted to the CCOC website under Budget Development Tools: https://flccoc.org/clerks-budget/.
- Clerk Budget Development Training – specifically designed for, but not limited to the Elected Clerk, CCOC will lead a Budget Training to review the contents of this email. Training will be led by CCOC Chair Clerk JD Peacock and CCOC Staff, on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, at 1 PM EST.